Derby entry forms are available to download either through the menu or clicking HERE
If you’re totally confused, have no fear. Feel free to call Jamie Parsons the event coordinator and she’ll walk you through it. Her number is 604-807-3005.
Cash, credit card, or personal cheques will be accepted for advance registration. Cash and credit cards are accepted for last minute entries on May 20th and 21st. Advance registration is advised as we are only allowing 60 entries this year.
A big welcome to Sage Rods as they join the Sponsorship team again this year. Sage will be donating a Circa Rod to this year’s derby.
To anyone who knows, the CIRCA is a perfect addition to your rod collection, allowing you to approach a river with stealthy, short-range accuracy. Its hypnotically smooth slower tempo combined with crisp and precise loading and unloading of each cast results in unmatched accuracy and delicate presentations. Will you be the lucky winner?
Well, anglers and friends, it’s finally happened. We’ve been working towards this for quite a while now and it’s time to unveil the new PCM Memorial Derby Logo!
With help from Carolyn at Sprokit Media, we have come up with a great new design.
We hope you like it as much as we do. All participants in the derby will be receiving a PCM Derby t-shirt with the new logo on it. Remember we are only allowing sixty entries this year and space is filling up fast. So call and get your spot reserved for the May Long Weekend!
There are still camping spaces available at Whispering Pines, but like the entries, they are going fast. Call Jamie at 604-807-3005 for more information.
To everyone that has already entered, can you send us an e-mail with your t-shirt size? We are trying to get an accurate order in this year. We’re offering women’s shirts this year as well so, ladies, that goes for you too.
Tight Lines, everyone! This year is going to be amazing!
Has again graciously donated t-shirts and swag for this years derby! Attendees last year will remember the cool “Got Trout?” shirts they got with their entries. We have a new design coming this year. Who wants to start a collection?
We’re also looking at offering hats and t-shirts for sale at the derby to add to the charity fund raising. In any case there will be plenty of fun to be had and with the available SIXTY spots fast filling up, there is only one question.
Have you registered yet?
The 2016 PCM Memorial Fly Fishing Derby is fast approaching and plans are really starting to ramp up!
More sponsors are being added daily and it’s looking like another great prize line up as well as some truly outstanding auction and raffle items. The deadline for the Early Bird Entries is coming fast. Have you reserved your spot yet? The Early Bird Entry Form 2016 is downloadable and payment can be made by credit card by calling Jamie Parsons at 604-807-3005
If you would like to sponsor the derby, it’s not too late. We’d love to welcome you on board. Sponsors are eligible for tax receipts issued by the Canadian Diabetes Association, promotion on our website and at the derby, as well as mentions during the Anglers’ Dinner on Sunday night.
Raffle Prizes – All proceeds go to Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and the Canadian Diabetes Association
- Islander T-shirt
- Oscar’s Source for Sports Hoodie
- Various Gift Certificates for Wholesale Sports
- Oscar’s Source for Sports Hats
We have some incredible custom donations that were given to us by some extremely generous sponsors. To give everyone a chance at some one-of-a-kind items and to raise more money for Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and the Canadian Diabetes Association, we have decided to hold an auction!
Up for auction are the following items:
- Custom Built Sage 6116-4 One rod (retail value of $1,250.00) – graciously donated by W. Andy Sneddon-Custom Rod Builders Inc.
- Custom Built Sage 790-4 One rod (retail value of $1,125.00)- graciously donated by W. Andy Sneddon-Custom Rod Builders Inc.
- Guided Bow River Fishing Trip for two anglers. This is a managed fishery and is an amazing opportunity – graciously donated by Country Pleasures Flyfishing.
- Custom engraved Islander Reel IR3-C 1774 made especially for the PCM Derby. This reel is one-of-a-kind and graciously donated by Islander Reels (retail price for an unengraved reel is approx. $360.00)
- Custom made Moby Net made especially for the PCM Derby. A truly one-of-a-kind keepsake to use or display. Many, many thanks to Don Chatwin of Moby Nets.
- Two sets of Haa-Nee-Naa hat, shirt, and fleece pants to be auctioned separately. These items are top of the line and guaranteed to keep you warm on those chilly mornings. Graciously donated by Haa-Nee-Naa Lodge.
The largest fish caught on each lake will receive a $25 gift certificate to Wholesale Sports.
Prizes for the largest fish caught for all five derby eligible lakes will be awarded to 8th place.
- 1st Prize – 6 Weight Sage Package – 697-4 Accel Rod, 4200 Series Reel, and WF6F Rio Perception Line
- 2nd Prize – Bradley Stainless 4 Burner Grill
- 3rd Prize – Bradley 4 rack Digital Smoker and Bisquettes
- 4th Prize – Wooden Fly Box filled with hand tied flies donated by Max Cohen
- 5th Prize – $250 Gift Certificate to Troutwaters Fly and Tackle
- 6th Prize – Clear fly case with 100 flies donated by Fred’s Tackle
- 7th Prize – Double sided water tight fly case and 30 flies donated by Black’s Flies
- 8th Prize – Double sided water tight fly case and 30 flies donated by Black’s Flies
We have heard from another outstanding company who wants to support the derby. Thank you, Don Chatwin, for joining in on the fun. Moby Nets are a must for a day on the water.
With a wide variety of sizes and shapes there is a perfect net out there for every fisherman.
The summer is busy for everyone and there are always other events, get togethers, and commitments that mean you’re missing out on the fun.
If you wanted another way to contribute, we have set up a GoFundMe site so you can still contribute to the charity proceeds of the derby even if you can’t attend.
100% of the proceeds of the derby are being split between the Canadian Diabetes Association and the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, two charities that Peter held close to his heart.